Resuming of collection

Hello team.
I wanted to know that when we will be triggered to resume our collection and can we add our more fellows to join this campaign as the application is on google play?

I think these questions may have arrived in other collectors mind too.
@jebyrne
Thanks and regards
Safeer Abbas

2 Likes

Hi Safeer,

Thank you for your query.

The Visym team will advise when collections are open again.

In regards to adding more participants. If you could email me directly (leanne@twine.fm) with the following information for both participants (remember they need to join in pairs, or they can join your pair directly to make a three):

Full names
Email addresses
Twine Usernames
Locations
Android or iOS devices.

I will then add them onto our list and they will be onboarded in turn.

This must be done to enable them to be paid for their work and officially registered as a collector.

Thanks
Leanne

8 Likes

All,

We are running a bit behind schedule on getting restarted, but please know we are hard at work on your behalf to get going again. We should be in touch again this week with another update.

Thanks,
-Jeff

10 Likes

Thank you Jeff, for all the work you do and for keeping us informed.
Best regards
:vulcan_salute::heart:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

A brief update on the delays here. As you’ll recall from previous posts on the old mailing list, our long term goal is to provide you a menu of collections that you can choose from each day, so that you can submit as many or as few as you wish. We want to enable a full time position for “AI collector” to collect training data of people and objects performing activities.

So far, we have been successful in the collection of the MEVA campaign, which has led to public releases of data for the AI research community:

This data has been used around the world by research groups and is contributing to the state of the art in visual AI research.

I am pleased to share that we have three collection campaigns coming up that I hope you will be involved in. These campaigns are a small, medium and large scale collection for three different organizations. However, these campaigns all need to start at the same time, and there have been delays with the large campaign due to administrative issues out of our control. We had originally planned this to be mid to late April as communicated on the mailing list. However, this delay has extended into May. We expect this to get going in May, however since the exact start date depends on resolving the administrative issues which the large organization states “any day now”.

We’re looking forward to getting restarted, and we’ll keep you all informed as this progresses. Your attention to detail and diligence is the real value for our collection platform, and we appreciate all of your hard work here. We’ll be in touch again soon.

Best,
-Jeff

9 Likes

Exciting news!! Thanks for the update and we’ll be waiting!

3 Likes

Thank you Jeff for the great news! We are looking forward to involved in all the mention campaigns.

Best,

Emi

3 Likes

Hi @jebyrne

Any news?

Really looking forward to start !

Regards,

2 Likes

Hello Visym Team!
Any idea on when will the collections be resumed @jebyrne?

2 Likes

There have been delays out of our control here which have pushed out our schedule well beyond our original estimate, but we should be restarting within the next three weeks. Standby for an update, and thanks everyone for your patience.

8 Likes

Excelent, thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, collections will be restarting this week. Thanks for your patience here. We will be sending out a further update this week with our progress and plans.

12 Likes

Very cool Jeff…thanks

3 Likes

What good news, thank you Jeff, assets to continue working with all the joy in the world. A big hug :hugs:

3 Likes

Good to hear that Jeff. Really appreciate for this update. Are you ready guys? :selfie:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Jeff!! We are ready!

2 Likes